Friday, December 16, 2016

What Childhood Movies Taught Me… (Nostalgia Fest)

I’ve been having myself a good old nostalgia fest today – thinking back to some of the best films I loved during my childhood (and still do!) I suppose I didn’t realise it then…but a lot of the films were teaching me valuable lessons on life – and in many ways I owe everything I am now, to them! Here are ten of the most poignant philosophies that I, and millions of others were taught ~


1. “That breakfast food is the best – and there is no such thing as too much…” - (Uncle Buck)



This lesson in particular, has held true all of my life. Although I am yet to use a snow shovel to make humongous pancakes – it is definitely on my bucket list.


2. “That they don’t sell human eyeballs in supermarkets…” - (Jumanji)


Just in case they were ever on your grocery list. Also we learned that not all board games, make you bored – as the name may suggest. Obviously having Robin Williams present helps massively.


3. “That everyone always appreciates hip actions, winking, and pointing…” - (Toy Story)


Having killer boots also helps. There’s just something about the sleazy wink that sends people wild with lust! In my experience, so wild they evacuate the building immediately.


4. “That you should go to great lengths to keep your special areas clean.” - (The Lion King)


Cleanliness is next to godliness. Enlist a friend, or trusted person for those hard to reach places.


5. “That electrocuting dead people doesn’t bring them back – but crying does…”  - (Pokémon: The First Movie)


This is obviously one of those practice makes perfect things, because so far it’s not working for me…I’ll stick at it though. I’m sure the magic Pokémon tears will come soon…


6. “That you should be distrustful of every single old lady…” - (The Witches)


Especially ones with demonic purple eyes, huge claws – and a tendency to try and murder every single child they come across. The more lovely, and doting they appear…the more likely they are to have a penchant for incineration. Be careful, kids.


7. “That if your friends are unhappy, hit them with things until they’re not…” - (Drop Dead Fred)


I haven’t had a 100% success rate with this one. Closer to 0% actually – but I’m not one to give up…she was happy-ish at the end of the film, so perhaps it takes a while to take effect.


8. “That it’s okay to set people on fire…” - (Home Alone)


If you do it with a little cheeky smile that is. Don’t worry about the hideous life-long scars, and the medical bills. That’s not your problem…just keep thinking of new ways to torture people. They deserve it. Probably…


9. “That the world is your gym – you just have to get creative…” - (Matilda)


Also, another side point…it’s never to late to pick up some of your own hobbies. Perhaps consider having another person with you, the company certainly makes it more fun!


10. “That sometimes people won’t agree with your fashion choices… - (Space Jam)


But despite all that Bill Murray will always be there to save the day. Oh, and that Michael Jordan’s Secret Stuff is good for you; so drink up – however this is not to be confused with Michael Jackson’s secret, Jesus Juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment